Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hudson

For almost 5 years we've been using CruiseControl for continous builds. Last time I actually fiddled with the setup it was very buggy for such a widely used open source project but I learned to live with it because there were no convincing good alternatives.

Currently my company is evaluating the commercial Anthill for managing build reports for projects based on both Java and Microsoft technologies. Anthill seems nice, but it's commercial and closed source software and I would prefer something open source.

So I spent some time looking at Hudson. It seems really nice, with tons of features, GUI configuration and support for several issue tracking and build systems.
I especially liked the weather report like overview as seen on deadlock.netbeans.org.


Unfortunately I stumbled into a problem while trying to connect to our SVN server so I can't recommend it for our project just yet.

1 comment:

Szocske said...

Fixed by now :-)
We'll check it out.
Any recommendation for an issue tracker?
Somewhere between Jira and Bugzilla in functionality :-)